Mercy Hospital Springfield
As two separate contracted projects, lessons learned from one project could be easily applied to the other through more collaborative and transparent Enhance Integration process. The Mercy Hospital Springfield Dietary and Heart Hospital project were initiated at the same point in time; however, have taken different paths. These projects have been exceedingly difficult due to the connections to existing facilities of varying ages. Specifically, we have implemented ladar point cloud scanning on areas of the future Dietary department. By taking advantage of this technology the team has been able to locate and mitigate risk prior to installation of any overhead systems. Construction on the Dietary project is projected to be completed in the second quarter of 2018. Design of the Heart Hospital project is projected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2017 with construction concluding in the first quarter of 2020.
- Constructed and Refined the Enhanced Integration process from Design through Operations.
- Consulted as a BIM, VDC, and COBie subject matter experts.
- Developed a complete Lifecycle VDC Execution Plan, working with cross-functional teams.
- Implemented the execution plan while validating the quality of information at each milestone.
- Administered cutting-edge cloud technology, for the aggregation and tracking of information.
- Established a hospital-wide asset data structure and collection methodology.