Mercy Hospital Jefferson – Tower Expansion
Mercy Hospital Jefferson was the first pilot to have the enhanced set of services implemented fully into its design and construction processes. Information was transparently shared between design and construction teams beginning in the Design Development phase. Early on it was agreed upon that this project should target a design-assist methodology instead of a more traditional design-build method. This collaborative environment established one of the key project principles in order to harness all the potential benefits from the enhanced process. Near the culmination of the design phase we developed highly detailed visualizations to compare the cost benefit of using rendering, animations and virtual reality in place of costly physical mockups. This was a large success is conveying intent to all key stakeholders. Our team continues to perform these translations on all below projects. Construction completed in the fourth quarter of 2017 and full facilities turn-over occurred in the first quarter of 2018.
- Constructed and Refined the Enhanced Integration process from Design through Operations.
- Consulted as a BIM, VDC, and COBie subject matter experts.
- Developed a complete Lifecycle VDC Execution Plan, working with cross-functional teams.
- Implemented the execution plan while validating the quality of information at each milestone.
- Administered cutting-edge cloud technology, for the aggregation and tracking of information.
- Established a hospital-wide asset data structure and collection methodology.